The North Texas Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and Alcatel-Lucent are delighted to be hosting the 8th Annual Survivor Fashion Show, Brunch and Grant Presentation at The Embassy Suites in Frisco from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 17.
This year’s fashion show will feature breast cancer survivors modeling 2012 spring fashions from Black House | White Market, Belk, Coldwater Creek, New Balance and The Avenue for nearly 500 breast cancer survivors, supporters and advocates.
Radiating strength and charisma on the catwalk, the models bring the true spirit of this event to life. From the single mom of a young daughter, the lady next door who loves to travel, the go-getter pursuing her PHD, to the grandmother who enjoys spoiling her grandkids, these women share a common bond; they are all North Texans surviving breast cancer.
“We are pleased to support this wonderful event,” said Allison Cerra, vice president of Americas Marketing Communications and Public Affairs for the Alcatel-Lucent Americas Region. “Alcatel-Lucent is proud to partner in the good work of Komen North Texas; together, we are making a world of difference.”
Mary Frances Hoover, executive director of Susan G. Komen for the Cure North Texas, said, “Breast cancer will strike one in eight American women in her lifetime. If caught early, chances of survival and choices for treatment are much better. Komen North Texas doesn’t just raise awareness about the importance of early detection; we also invest in life-saving breast health programs for North Texans without adequate insurance.”
In addition to celebrating local survivors, the event is the venue for the Komen North Texas announcement of its 2012-2013 grants recipients. Highly-vetted and deserving local health service providers receive Komen North Texas funding for breast health education, screening and treatment for the women and men of North Texas.
The event will include a pre-brunch educational health fair from 9 to 10 a.m., as well as door prize drawings and a pink boutique selling official Komen merchandise. Attendees can also enjoy a complimentary photo booth to commemorate the day.
Tickets are available at komennorthtexas.org. Prices are $5 for survivors and $35 for supporters. Complimentary garage parking provided for all guests.
About Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and the Komen North Texas Affiliate
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure and launched the global breast cancer movement. The North Texas Affiliate of Komen for the Cure is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community. Through events like the Komen North Texas Plano Race for the Cure, the Komen North Texas Affiliate has invested $9 million in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in Collin, Cooke, Denton, Fannin, Grayson, Hunt, Montague and Wise counties. Of the funds Komen North Texas raises, 75 percent is invested in North Texas. The remaining 25 percent goes to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure Grants Program to fund scientific research. For more information, call 972.378.4808 or visit komennorthtexas.org.
Thanks for helping us top 100,000 page views by reading, sharing and advertising on CollinCountyHeadlines.com. … Your source for news in Allen, Frisco, McKinney, Plano and across Collin County. … Advertising starts at only $250 per month. … E-mail email@example.com. Click for today’s TRAVEL DEALS – Ends Daily at 9 p.m. … Click for Today’s GROUPON Deal. ***