From Plano ISD
Health Screening Reminder for Families
Now that students are back in buildings for face-to-face instruction, we need your assistance in keeping everyone healthy and safe. Parents are reminded to please take a moment each day to monitor your children’s health and do not send them to school if they are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19. No one should enter a Plano ISD school or facility if any of the following apply:
- Sick with symptoms that could be COVID-19. Symptoms to watch for: fever (100°F or higher), cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, fatigue, congestion/running nose, nausea/diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell.
- Has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or has been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19. These individuals must follow all isolation and quarantine guidelines from the local health authority or their physician.
- Has a household member who is awaiting COVID-19 test results, or who is awaiting their own test results.
If any of the above conditions apply, the COVID-19 Student Reporting Form should be completed. Students and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will be permitted to return to school when:
- They are 24 hours fever-free without using fever-reducing medication; and
- Symptoms improved (cough, difficulty breathing, etc.); and
- 10 days have passed since symptoms began
If a student wants to return to school prior to meeting the above criteria, they must obtain a medical professional’s note clearing them for return based on an alternative diagnosis or receive a negative PCR or antigen test.
Thank you for helping to keep our students healthy and safe.